Psychology teaches we aren’t able to reason & find truth unless we are able to get rid of biases & look at things from a neutral perspective. History teaches the best answers are found not in the extremes, but usually somewhere toward the center.
My goal is to help people look at things objectively, how to look for the facts & not quickly act on emotions. To understand that we have tendencies to act on biases & that others will try to push their biases on us; to become more aware of that & look at things non-partisan.
We will be discussing primarily topics of social psychology & current events, with the intention of growing our critical thinking & decision making abilities.
Those who subscribe as supporters of Walking Conundrum:
- Will get access to my videos ad-free
- Will be given opportunities to offer suggestions for future topics to cover
- Will have direct contact with me for any questions or feedback you may have on content I post
- Will be part of my CONUNDRUM BOOK CLUB, where I will assign between 1-2 books each month that we will read together & will discuss as a group the chapters & topics covered within each book. This will be a fun way to all grow together!
The name “walking conundrum” comes from a nickname I got years ago because of many times not fitting into the box of what was expected of me. We’re all individuals & that should be celebrated. Let’s not box people in. Let’s encourage people to learn, think independently, & have discussions. It’s in those discussions where we usually find the answers we’re looking for.
Community Rules for Discussions:
I want the discussions in this group to be open for everyone to feel safe to share their ideas.
I don’t have many rules, I just ask to please try to be as respectful as possible. Please try to refrain from any name calling. It doesn’t matter how ignorant you may think the other person may be, if you stoop to name-calling, it just simply makes you seem like you have no real argument. You’re better off just not replying.
“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers.”
Things that will not be at all tolerated are death threats and/or doxing, nudity, sexual solicitation, excessive spamming (especially regarding anything unrelated to what this group is about), & pretty much anything illegal in the United States is illegal on here.
Thank you for your understanding & welcome to the community! We invite you to become a fellow ‘walking conundrum’!
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy